Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Duties
The primary responsibilities for a Certified Phlebotomy Technician I involves venipunctures and skin punctures.
The primary responsibilities for the Certified Phlebotomy Technician II involves arterial punctures as well as venipunctures and skin punctures.
176 Hours / 10 Weeks / 2.4 Months
72 hour Didactic/On Campus Lab Training Program in Fresno, CA
Externship: 104 hours. Shift varies by site
Meets California State Phlebotomy Licensing Requirements
- 18 years of age or older.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Demonstrate step-by-step methods for blood withdrawal
- Identify crucial elements of safety and infection control
- Identify and use common collection devices
- Basic understanding of laboratory test names
- Clinical Laboratories
- Medical Centers
- Surgical Centers
- Physician Offices
- Blood & Plasma Donation Centers
- Governmental Medical Facilities & Agencies
- Paramedical Firms
Upon completion of the Phlebotomy Technician program, graduates should possess the following competencies:
Graduates can work at…